We are very pleased to announce that we have added a new module to the MyVCM platform. The following features are now available as part of your latest MyVCM 2.8 Release:
NEW Assets Module
With the new module, you can create and classify an inventory of assets including hardware, virtual hardware, software, SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS.
You can now:
- Assign asset dependencies. This allows you to see what happens if an asset goes down for any period of time. It shows the knock-on effect on other assets.
- Upload disaster recovery and contingency plans.
- View access lists to see who has permission to access data and assets. This is also helpful for HR to enhance onboarding and offboarding procedures.
- Determine and classify an asset’s privacy and business impacts.
Set requirements both on the frequency of when a task should occur, and also in terms of what is allowed from a compliance standpoint. For example, you could create an audit review in which the person completing it can submit their review regardless of their findings, while for another asset you may only want to accept submission once any and all issues are remediated.
View an activity log which is tied to each asset which shows who is accessing the data/asset, what changes they have made, and also when the action took place.
This new module is robust, with lots of functionality. If you would like an individual demo of the module, please contact us to arrange a time slot.
As part of this release, we have also updated the Audits module.
Updated Audit Module
You can now:
- Schedule reviews against multiple assets.
- Create collective or individual tasks per asset, and set a frequency schedule on either a fixed schedule or running schedule.
- Assign a “task owner” in addition to the typical MyVCM owner and custodian, which can be helpful if you have a project lead or PM who should be involved in the process.
- E-signatures can be made mandatory for task submissions.
- Allow for late submissions or multiple submissions.
As always, we continue to improve MyVCM based on your feedback. If you have any questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org